- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Our 5 doctor, 13 tech full service general practice is staffed 24/7 with a doctor on call. We handle cases from routine to complex. Our nursing care is outstanding. Our pain mangagement is state of the art. We have been an accredited AAHA member since 1978. We do not practice injection medicine or protocol medicine. We strive to do it right, not just do it. You will not learn bad habits or shortcuts. You can learn a great deal about SylvaniaVET on our web site.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Dr. Bob Esplin; founder-1974; OSU 1970; interested in dentistry, behaviour, rehab, surgery, customer service and marketing
- Dr. Jen Tate; 13 yrs practice-Missouri; strong interest in hematology and internal med, and disaster med; member of VMAT team
- Dr. Melanie Bender; 3 yrs experience-MSU; ultrasound, exotics, dermatolgy and intradermal allergy testing, soft tissue surgery
- Dr. Kate Hissam; 2 yrs experience-OSU; ultrasound, surgery, computer dental
- Dr. Natalie Culler; 1 yr experience-OSU; general practice, dental
- large current library
- great mentoring
- Perform exams, wellness visits, assist with treatments, spay/neuter, suture lacerations, scrub in major surgeries, come in on emergencies if interesting.
- They will receive our hospital manual and our customer service gold standards.
- We have a great relationship with Dr. Dyce and the vet receptionist Stephanie. Ask them about SylvaniaVET.
Student will never be on own. Will work about 55-60 hrs per week. Schedule will vary so there will be a variety of experiences.
Sylvania, OH 43560
email: drbob [at] sylvaniavet [dot] com
Signature on file: Dr. Robert Esplin