- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program was established in 2011. Student Ambassadors are representatives of the veterinary medicine student body at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine dedicated to the positive advancement of the college. Ambassadors promote and participate in student and alumni events, recruiting activities, and assist faculty and staff with college events. If you have questions about the Student Ambassador Program, please contact April Pugh at 614-247-1512 or pugh [dot] 102 [at] osu [dot] edu.
The Student Ambassador Program offers opportunities to:
- Choose to assist with one or two special events such as new student orientation, annual open house, Midwest Veterinary Conference, white coat, honors and awards, oath and hooding, admissions interview events, summer vet camp and a variety of alumni activities.
- Contribute and interact positively with new and prospective students of all ages (college, high school, and middle school students)
- Interact and meet with donors
- Participate in student panels and recruiting activities
- Conduct veterinary medical center tours for prospective students, alumni and guests
- Actively plan and participate in OSU CVM camp for high school students
- Appear in promotional materials
- Collaborate with the Dean and select faculty members at admissions recruiting events.
You will be required to complete at least 20 hours per semester for a minimum of 40 hours for year. Qualifications include:
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates effective Leadership qualities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Successfully addresses diverse groups of people
- A sense of school loyalty and pride
- Enthusiastic, organized and creative
- Demonstrated initiative
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Effectively assists others and contributes to their success
- Works effectively as a team member
- Fulfills responsibilities without jeopardizing academic standing
Expectations of Ambassadors
- Academic excellence - students must maintain at least a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Complete a minimum 20 hours per semester for a total of 40 hours
- Attend program training for ambassador professional development
- Dress professionally (business casual)
- Be knowledgeable about the college
- Serve as a positive role model for students
- Maintain regular communication with the Office of Student Affairs, both in-person and by e-mail
- Attend regular meetings
- Commit time and effort to events and activities
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and/or one to two weeks during the summer
Information Session PowerPoint Presentation, click here
Application information will be sent out to the class via email. Application requirements include a current resume and essay.
If you are interested in applying, please apply here.
Applications will be reviewed and students will be interviewed and notified of selection.
For important dates, click here.
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded spring semester. At least 20 hours of service service must be completed autumn and spring semester.