Seaside Animal Care, PA is a nationally recognized, AAHA accredited small animal practice. The hospital uses Cornerstone systems, a full in-house laboratory, digital radiography and dental radiography, CO2 laser, endoscopy, etc. Seaside Animal Care has an exceptional staff with the emphasis on client and staff education.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Ernest E. Ward, DVM, Practice Management
- Karyn West, DVM
- Jennifer Baily, DVM
- VIN online access
- Journals: JAVMA, Compendium, Veterinary Medical, JAAHA
- Texts: over 150
- The student will participate in morning rounds by giving a case presentation (provide a diagnostic plan, differential diagnosis, treatment plan and prognosis for a given case) and discuss the day’s schedule/cases.
- During evening rounds, the student will discuss the previous day’s cases and review technical issues/identify areas of improvement.
- The student’s daily objectives will be to take active participation in the examination room, evaluate bloodwork/radiographs/etc, assist with discharging instructions/physical exam reports, observe client education by technicians and other staff, assist with surgical procedures, assist with client education, improve their technical skill (ie catheter placement, ear flush, isolation care and procedures, medication administration, nail trims and anal gland expression, obtain radiographs, ECGs, perform dental scaling and polishing procedures, prescription refills, restraint, perform common laboratory tests, surgery assistance/monitoring, venipuncture, assist with any special procedures).
- The student will also assist with after hour emergencies, participate in staff training Wednesday mornings, and be exposed to the standards, values, and management philosophy of Seaside Animal Care.
- The student can expect to see 35 cases per week.
The student can expect to have access to the veterinarians 10 hrs per day.
Seaside Animal Care
9256 Beach Drive
Calabash, NC 28467
Email: laura [at] seasidevet [dot] com
Signature on file: Dr. Ernest Ward