We feel that Riverside Animal Care Center provides the best medical and surgical care available in Columbus. We utilize board certified surgeons, radiologist and internists when necessary. We feel that his experience would provide a student realistic experience in high quality private small animal practice. Our practice is AAHA certified (4yr), in house laboratory, rigid and flexible endoscopy and ultrasound, radiology and surgical suites (all types of soft tissue, orthopedic surgery), ICU, oncology, isolation areas – Intravet practice software with 15 computer terminals – fully utilized including inventory management, client education, PR and practice management. Most lab work is performed in-house (Idexx, CBC/profile), 4 certified veterinary technicians (all trained in hematology, cytology, etc), 2 tech assistants, boarding, grooming and training facilities.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- David McGuffin; DVM, ABVP canine and feline practice, Va-Maryland Regional College of Vet Med advanced Endoscopy Course, AAHA, OVMA, CVES, Comparative Gastroenterology Society, Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine
- Robert Hanson; DVM, special interest in orthopedic surgery and ophthalmology
- Meg Banto; DVM, Board Certified IVAS (Acupuncture) / Exotics
- Todd Kyle; DVM, special interest in small animal medicine and surgery and exotics, AVMA, OVMA, AAHA
- Eve Boggs; DVM, special interest in small animal medicine, AAHA, AVMA
- Marlene Newman; DVM
- Journals: Journal of AEVIM, Compendium, Vet Med, etc.
- Texts: recent editions of internal medicine, surgery, exotics, CVT, etc
- Online access; VIN
They will be exposed to small animal outpatient and surgical cases as well as many medical cases of different magnitudes. They will be involved in client communication and education, management of cases, selection of diagnostics and treatments. Some personnel management and business management would be included. There will be exposure to Board Certified Specialists, Endoscopy, ultrasound, chemotherapy and orthopedic and soft tissue surgery, and avian and exotic medicine and surgery. The student can expect to see 60 outpatients and 10-15 surgeries per week.
The student can expect to have access to the veterinarian 8 hours per day, except for Tuesdays.
Riverside Animal Care Center
6924 Riverside Drive
Dublin, OH 43017
Ph: (614) 766-1222
Fx: (614) 766-7904
Signature on file: David McGuffin