2010-2011 Academic Year
- Funds will be given to help cover costs of travel, registration, and lodging.
- NO funds will be given to cover off quarter externships (seniors), projects for which you are getting paid, projects for which you are receiving Ohio State course credit, or for food.
- Fund availability will be determined by the total amount of revenue generated from Hill's food sales during the immediate past academic year and summer quarter.
- SCAVMA will pay up to 100% of your total costs (travel, registration, lodging), up to $500 per year. Students will be notified of any remaining funds for additional experiences upon check disbursement.
- Applications will be accepted only after projects are completed, and must be handed in along with receipts for hotel rooms, plane tickets, gas costs, registration, etc. In addition, students are required to turn in a summary of their project (no more than one page typed) with their application.
- Students may only apply for funds for a project if that project was completed during that academic year (summer quarter project funds can be applied for during the following autumn quarter, and will count toward that academic year's funds).
- Only one grant will be awarded per person per project.
- Complete applications must be submitted to the designated folder/basket by the second Friday of each academic quarter.
- Applications will be accepted any time prior to the second Friday of each quarter, but will only be approved by the SCAVMA executive board at the next officers meeting held after the deadline (no more than 2 weeks after the application deadline). Checks will be placed in student mailboxes within one week of this officers meeting (no more than 3 weeks after the submission deadline).
- In order to qualify for a Professional Development Fund, the applicant must be a SCAVMA member in good standing (dues paid in full and all points earned for previous academic years).
- The SCAVMA executive committee will judge applications based on personal development, professional development, academic merit, benefit to the University, and benefit of service. Please consider these areas as you complete your application. All decisions made by SCAVMA are final.
- Fund availability is subject to change with each academic year and application submission in no way guarantees reimbursement.
- Questions can be directed to Katie Collins at collins [dot] 653 [at] osu [dot] edu
- Autumn Quarter - October 8, 2010
- Winter Quarter - January 14, 2011
- Spring Quarter - April 8, 2011
These funds were made possible through The Hills Pet Nutrition College Feeding Program.