- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Professional Development Funds
2014-2015 Academic Year
- Funds will be given to help cover costs of travel, registration, and lodging.
- No funds will be given to cover off semester externships (seniors), projects for which you are getting paid, projects for which you are receiving Ohio State course credit, or for food.
- Fund availability will be determined by the total amount of revenue generated from SCAVMA's Fundraising Committee during the immediate past academic year and summer semester.
- SCAVMA will pay up to 100% of your total costs (travel, registration, lodging), up to $500 per year. Students will be notified of any remaining funds for additional experiences upon check disbursement.
- Applications will be accepted only after projects are completed, and must be handed in along with receipts for hotel rooms, plane tickets, gas costs, registration, etc. In addition, students are required to turn in a summary of their project (no more than one page typed) with their application.
- Students may only apply for funds for a project if that project was completed during the previous semester or first week of classes in the current semester. (summer project funds can be applied for during the following autumn PDF cycle, and will count toward that academic year's funds).
- Only one grant will be awarded per person per project qne multile grant applications per semester will be evaluated up to $500.
- Regardless of funding requested, applications are combined and evaluated for up to a maximum of $500. A percentage of the amount requested will be awarded based on the availability of funds.
- Complete applications must be submitted to the designated folder/basket by the second Friday of each academic semester.
- Applications will be accepted any time prior to the second Friday of each semester, but will only be approved by the SCAVMA executive board at the next officers meeting held after the deadline (no more than 2 weeks after the application deadline). Checks will be placed in student mailboxes within one week of this officers meeting (no more than 3 weeks after the submission deadline).
- In order to qualify for a Professional Development Fund, the applicant must be a SCAVMA member in good standing (dues paid in full and all points earned for previous academic years).
- The SCAVMA executive committee will judge applications based on personal development, professional development, academic merit, benefit to the University, and benefit of service. Please consider these areas as you complete your application. All decisions made by SCAVMA are final.
- Fund availability is subject to change with each academic year and application submission in no way guarantees reimbursement.
- SAVMA Symposium PDF Guidelines: Applications will be evaluated for up to a maximum of $500 minus the amount of fundraising funds allocated to each attendant. Students who choose not to participate in fundraising will still be subject to this deduction.
- Questions can be directed to Kelsey Cornelius, the SCAVMA Treasurer, at cornelius [dot] 60 [at] osu [dot] edu.
- Fall PDFs - September 12, 2014
- Winter PDFs - January 16, 2015
- Spring PDFs - April 10, 2015
These funds were made possible through AVMA dues, funds raised at the college and AVMA grants.