(Providing Education and Targeted Sterilization)
Student will learn about complex nature of animal overpopulation and how targeted spay/neuter plays an essential role in relieving this societal problem.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
Veterinarians skilled at performing high quality, high volume spay/neuter on pediatric and adult animals.
- Relevant journal articles
- Rounds, etc.
- Interact with clients upon admission and discharge of animals to ensure they understand consent statement and recovery instructions
- Perform physical examinations on animals prior to anesthesia and/or surgery, assist in determination of who is an anesthetic/surgical candidate and who is not
- Administer pre-medication and induction drugs
- Learn about the importance of analgesia and thermoregulation in this environment
- Monitor animals in pre, intra, and post operative periods
- Learn about special needs of pediatrics when performing spay/neuter
- Assist with spay/neuter surgeries on pediatric and adult animals
- Perform spay/neuter surgeries on pediatric and adult animals under the constant, direct supervision of a veterinarian
- Learn safe, efficient surgical techniques for spay/neuter
- Obtain AVMA student insurance
- Forward all necessary forms to be completed to veterinary supervisor
Student will always have direct and free access to at least one veterinarian.
Operation PETS: The Spay/Neuter Clinic of Western New York
3443 South Park Avenue
Blasdell, NY 14219
Signature on file: Kathleen Makolinski, DVM