- This is a mixed practice- the student can choose all small animals, all large, or half and half
- To become familiar with the role of veterinarians in private practice
- To develop client communication skills and the ability to work as a team with the support staff
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Dr. Heather Edwards- Post Graduate (CE) training in Abdonimal Ultrasound and endoscopy (Clinical Supervisor of elective)
- Dr. F. Garrett Edwards- Large Animal (Clinical Supervisor of elective)
- Dr. Amy Bowman- Post Graduate (CE) training in small animal dentistry
- Other veterinarians at the practice have areas of special interest.
- We are a full-service facility providing an in-house lab, ultrasound, endoscopy, Radio surgery, Cryo Surgery, Ambulatory, dental and conventional radiography.
- Perform physical exams and develop rule outs in addition to making recommendations on diagnostics
- Perform wellness exams and develop client communication skills.
- Understand the concepts and recommendations for preventive medicine
- Work well with the support staff
- 45-55 hours per week
- Surgical procedures and medical diagnostics, tests and evaluations will be under supervision of licensed DVM. Technical training will be supervised by a licensed LVT.
The Oaks Veterinary Clinic
14202 Benns Church Blvd.
Smithfield, VA 23430
Signature On File: Dr. Heather Edwards, DVM