We are a full-service, progressive, modern hospital. This practice is busy and fast-paced. We see routine & ER cases, both medical and surgical, from 8am-midnight, 365 days/year. We frequently accept "referrals" from surrounding, smaller practices for extended care and 2nd opinion cases. Technicians are on staff overnight for in hospital care. Support staff is excellent and most technicians are licensed CVTs.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
5 full time and 2 part time DVMs on staff. Alma Maters include the Ohio State University (3), University of Pennsylvania (1), Michigan State University (1), Ross University (2).
- Journals, Current library of texts, VIN & internet access are readily available.
- Rounds at every shift change.
- Will arrange for weekly meeting for case discussions with student in addition to our regular monthly staff and Dr. meetings.
- Candidate is welcome to participate in local WPVMA CE if available during elective period.
- Candidate will participate fully in the medical and surgical caseload of the Mentor.
- Full hands-on experience available.
- Shifts will vary: either 8am-4pm or 4pm-midnight, and can include weekends and Holidays.
- Student will never be alone in practice.
- Weekly meetings will be held and student will be expected to share case reports or topics for discussion.
Student will be "scheduled" 40 hrs/week with Dr. Pietrzak. All of our veterinarians work closely as a team and communicate well & freely. Access will essentially be available 24/7.
Metropolitan Veterinary Center - West
5309 Campbells Run Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Updated: 2/12/09 and 1/25/16
Signature On File: Michele Pietrzak, DVM, OSU '95