Reviewing established mouse models of human cicatrical alopecia & working with Dr. Sundberg on a review article for publication in "Experimental Dermatology". Become familiar with the workings of the lab, interacting with pathologists, MDs and PhDs.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Professor John Sundberg, DVM, PhD, Diplomate ACVP, clinical supervisor
- 2 other veterinary pathologists at The Jackson Lab:
- Dr. Rod Bronson (visiting pathologist from Harvard)
- Dr. Richard Smith (physician & ophthalmologist with training in ocular pathology)
- Full medical library
- Mouse tumor biology database
- Mouse phenome dabase
- Really state of the art seminar series
- Work in a research lab
- Review mouse models of skin disorders
- Draft manuscript
P.I. & 2 postdocs are veterinarians. 1-2 hr/day with PI 7 days/week; lab 8+ hr, 3 technicians & 1 MD/PhD postdoc will all help working with student extern.
Yes at the Sundbergs or lab cottages if open.
The Jackson Laboratory
600 Main Street / Schooner Head Road
Bar Harbor, ME 04609
Signature on file: Professor John Sundberg, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVP
Last updated: 1/06/09