- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Graduate Student Association
This page contains information about the Graduate Student Association at the College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University. Please visit the links in the left navigation to find more information about, learn about meetings and special events, and ongoing research at the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Our mission is to create a group that advises, assists, supports, and socially involves graduate students in all the Departments of the College of Veterinary Medicine: Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Veterinary Biosciences and Veterinary Preventive Medicine at The Ohio State University. By serving as a reliable resource for information, providing a voice for the graduate population, acting as a liaison between graduate students, faculty and administration, and fostering a sense of community through social activities, we strive to enhance the experience of all Comparative Veterinary Medicine graduate students. Our GSA goals in the College of Veterinary Medicine include:
- To provide self-government by the graduate students of the College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University.
- To serve as communicative liaison between graduate students, faculty and staff of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- To disperse policy information from the Graduate School and the College of Veterinary Medicine to the graduate student population
- To provide a system through which representation to departmental committees and the campus-wide Council of Graduate Students is elected
- To act as a clearinghouse of opportunities for the gradate students of the departments
- To plane, organize and develop social and intellectual events and programs
- To provide a forum for debate regarding policy and curriculum
- To provide graduate student representation to the Council for Graduate Studies (CFGS) and the Student Leadership Advisory Committee (SLAC).
Council for Graduate Studies (CFGS)
A council of faculty, staff and students that meets once a month to discuss administrative and admission issues within the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Student Leadership Advisory Committee (SLAC)
A group of students, both graduate and professional, whose goal is to have the student's voice heard about key issues.
Goals for the present GSA year (2012/2013) include:
- Generate a current and up to date list of all the graduate students at the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Provide CFGS graduate student input for the College of Veterinary Medicine research day to promote and recognize Graduate Students' achievements within our College.
- Update the GSA websites and provide links with all the current information regarding our association.
- Create informative Power point and flyers with the GSA information to distribute through all the Departments within the College.
- To reinforce and broaden our relationship with OSU CGS through our graduate student representative
- Meet with all graduate students from different
- VCS, VBS, VPM, VPH and Wooster. These meetings will have the following goals:
- Introduce the GSA
- Identify problems or concerns of the grad students in each departmentInform and support themCreate a common social graduate student environment through all the Departments