- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
- 7 year old male castrated labrador retriever
- Thoracic radiographs where taken when animal was presented to the emergency service after being hit by a car
- A CT was taken later
- What is the major abnormality you observe on the images?
- What are potential processes that could be causing this abnormality (think big categories, i.e. degeneration, vascular disturbances, neoplasia, etc).
- After stabilization, the patient was anesthetized and underwent a thoracotomy for lung lobectomy
- The lung lobe was submitted for histopathologic evaluation
Lung Biopsy (Image 1)
Lung Biopsy (Image 2)
Lung Biopsy (Image 3)
Lymph Node (Image 1)
- From the images, what is the basic process going on? What is your morphologic diagnosis?
- From image 2 and 3, can you name a general class of organism (hint, this thing is really big if it fills at 10X field. In fact, it was probably visible to the naked eye grossly)
- Any idea what is the genus and species?