- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Fairfield Pet Hospital, Inc.
Fairfield Pet Hospital is Lancaster's only American Animal Hospital Accredited Veterinary Hospital. The clinical advisor is Dr. Dunn who was the internship coordinator at the Santa Cruz, CA Veterinary Specialty and Referral Hospital. Our practice's focus is towards medical and surgical care of dogs and cats. We also care for pocket pets and occasionally provide basic care for birds and reptiles. Our hospital has 2 surgical suites, 4 examination rooms, an ICU, Isolation Ward, radiology, dental radiology, pharmacy, and laboratory. In house diagnostic procedures include Idexx CBC and chemistry analyzer, radiology (including dental), ultrasonography, blood pressure monitoring via doppler technique, EKG, pulse oximeter, tonometer. Surgical procedures are performed daily. Intravet computer system. Our goal is to provide the best progressive health and preventative care for pets while keeping in mind the owner's needs and desires. We are committed to high quality veterinary medicine.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Craig Dunn; DVM, MS, advanced training in dentistry, AAHA, AVMA, OVMA
- Ann Essman; DVM, AAHA, AVMA, OVMA
- Rachel Frasure; DVM, AAHA, AVMA, OVMA
- Tim Curtis; DVM, AAHA, AVMA, OVMA
- Journals: AAHA, JAVMA,Veterinary Medicine, Vet Forum, Vet Economics
- Books: Medical, Surgical, Dermatology, Exotics, Cardology. To name a few-Ettinger, Avian and Exotic Books, Vet Clinics of North America, Bojrab Small Animal Dentistry, CVT's, etc.
- VIN access/Internet
- In-hospital Continuing Education
- The student will be exposed to a high quality multi-doctor practice.
- They will experience all aspects of a small animal practice, from assisting the doctors in appointments, surgery, dentistry to the treatment and care for inpatients.
- They will have the opportunity to observe each of the clinicians during outpatient receiving hours.
- Proper diagnostic procedures and treatment planning will be discussed.
- The student will perform supervised case work-ups and routine appointments.
- We generally have several hospitalized cases on a daily basis so that the student can participate in daily rounds with staff and doctors and reviewing all cases in the hospital daily and follow the progression of an individual from admission through the diagnostic work-up and treatment or surgical plan.
- Students will also spend time with each clinician on his or her surgery day and assist with routine and non-routine surgeries as well have the opportunity to work with the on call surgical specialist when on duty.
- Student will also have the opportunity to assist with extended dental procedures when scheduled.
- The student will interact with the staff, doctors, and technicians to demonstrate ability to handle emergencies as well as routine cases.
- Evening and weekend emergency experience also available.
The student will always have access to the veterinarians and all their activities will be closely supervised.
Fairfield Pet Hospital, Inc.
1983 E. Main Street
Lancaster, OH 43130
Signature on file: Dr. Craig Dunn