Important Elective Scheduling Guidelines
- EDS must have students registered by the above deadlines to avoid new late fees being assessed by the University.
- All core and ON-Campus elective rotations, and VACs, have been scheduled on one45. Please review yours carefully. Any block shown on one45 as ELECT-OFF SITE now needs a specific location identified so we can complete your registration.
- Please use this form to identify your elective plans for this year. List all of your elective rotations on this form -- both ON-Campus electives (if you were already awarded any) and all OFF-Site electives, even if you don't have ALL specific plans in place yet for these. Also include the block you requested for personal time (VACATION).
- Remember that OFF-Site electives must be completed at approved locations. A list of all approved sites is available on the CVM Homepage using the CURRENT STUDENT drop down menu and clicking on the 4th Year Electives link. Approval paperwork is available for new opportunities. [See http://vet.osu.edu/education/OnlineElectiveSubmissionForm] Any OFF-Site elective completed at a location for which approval paperwork has not been received will be considered INCOMPLETE.
- Students are responsible for making sure OFF-Site locations receive an Advisor Report on which to assess his/her performance and submit this form back to EDS at the end of rotation. [See http://vet.osu.edu/education/OnlineElectiveEvaluation] Any OFF-Site elective for which a grade is delayed more than 90 days will be considered INCOMPLETE. Incompletes could result in students having to do an additional elective rotation to fulfill graduation requirements.
- An elective must be 2 full weeks at one location. Whatever is considered a 'normal' work week for other employees at an OFF-site elective consititutes a work week for elective students.
- Be aware that different blocks fall into different registration periods (with different deadlines as noted above). We recommend handing in this form AS YOUR PLANS COME TOGETHER and then dropping by EDS to update your form as further plans are finalized.
- It is important that you do not delay in making your elective plans, but pease don't act hastily. You've been given lots of time to make good decisions. Repeatedly changing your mind is unfair to everyone. Make sure your plans are certain before registering them.
- If there is an unexpected need to change your schedule, it is imperative that you identify your situation as soon as possible. The one45 schedule is managed by EDS, and schedule changes must be coordinated through the EDS office. Changes can cause scheduling complications and are not always a guarantee. And remember that starting this year, last minute changes can come with substantial late fees imposed by the Registrar's Office.
Elective Schedule Request Form