This is a unique opportunity to participate in a clinic building experience from the ground up. The student will be challenged to practice high-caliber medicine and surgery in a start-up AAHA cadidate hospital.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Dr. Adam Ballard- (OSU '97) Special interest in medicine and management, President of the Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine, Member of the Admissions Committee at OSU (Clinical Supervisor of elective)
- Dr. Leah Carpenter- (OSU '99) Hospital Manager
- Frequent interaction between our hospital and Medvet and OSU
- Current mainstream journals
- Daily rounds
- Monthly CE via local organizations, including some hospital sponsored CE
- Full immersion in practice start-up!
- Areas to be covered: Business plans, zoning, design/build, ordering, and hiring/firing
- Practicing medicine/surgery in a customer-based practice
- At least 40hrs/week with direct access to Dr. Ballard
- No. The practice is located just south of Delaware off St. Rt. 23 and Cheshire Rd.
Cheshire Crossing Animal Hospital
672 Cheshire Rd.
Delaware, OH 43015
Email: mary [dot] l [dot] carpenter [at] att [dot] net
Signature On File: Dr. Adam Ballard