Quality private practice experience in both ambulatory and referral practice. There are opportunities to assist with treatment and care of hospitalized patients, observe/assist in surgery, and experience ambulatory calls. Externs will attend daily morning hospital rounds and weekly journal club rounds.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
CVMC has two board certified equine surgeons, four ambulatory doctors and two interns.
Full library of up-to-date textbooks, computer data bases, weekly journal club rounds, daily hospital rounds, some journals.
- assistance with daily/nightly care and treatment of hospitalized patients
- assistance in surgery
- assistance on ambulatory calls
- attendance in morning hospital rounds
- attendance in weekly journal club rounds
- weekly presentation of a short case study
8-12 hours per day- Monday thru Friday. 4-8 hours on Saturday.
Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center
2100 N Cave Creek Rd.
Cave Creek, AZ 85331
Signature on file: Elaine Carpenter, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVS