- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Benefits of SCAVMA Membership
SAVMA Members are eligible for the following AVMA Benefits:
- Student AVMA Members receive reduced
subscription rates to the Journal
of the AVMA (JAVMA) and the American
Journal of Veterinary Research (AJVR). Non-members pay as
much as $255 a year per journal; student members save at least
$200 per journal!
- AVMA - $40 for a yearly subscription
- AJVR - $40 for a yearly subscription
Current student members may log on to the SAVMA Dues website to purchase a subscription.
- Free advance registration to the AVMA Annual Convention held in July. For the latest up-to-date information, visit the AVMA Convention Website.
- AVMA Veterinary Career Center:
- Provides job listings that match your resume and allows interested employers to search posted resumes;
- Lists available post-graduate programs, externships, and preceptorships - private, public, and corporate;
- Available for use by all Student Chapter and Student Associate Members for FREE;
- Has information on starting salaries and benefits, how to evaluate your first practice position, demographics of the profession, and the variety of veterinary careers;
- Counselling on "how to negotiate" for salary and benefits
- Full access to all member-only areas except PAC information
- Knowledge base includes all AVMA professional policies, veterinary reference guides, scientific backgrounders, FAQs and more
- Personalized home page (MyAVMA) based on website preferences you manage
- Online discussion groups accessible only to AVMA and SAVMA members
- Browse all content by topic, species, or discipline
- JAVMA News posted 2 weeks prior to publication
- Member-only email newsletters that keep you updated on veterinary news and issues
- Member Benefit Discounts and Services available with a full list of partners and details on the AVMA website.