- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Benefits of SCAVMA Membership
Each academic year the officers of SCAVMA strive to have 100% membership in the student chapter by students of all years at the College of Veterinary Medicine. Becoming a member of SCAVMA has benefits.
Benefits of SCAVMA membership in "good standing"
- Ability to attend any SCAVMA lunch or dinner lectures
- Potential PDF funds for reimbursement (up to $500/yr)
- Free AVMA membership after graduation (required for AVMA-GHLIT insurance after graduation)
- Reduced price AVMA membership for two years at a cost of $110 (compared to $250 per year full price)
- Reduced subscriptions to JAVMA and AJVR
- Potential "off campus" PLIT insurance coverage for only $10, excluding the required externship during 4th year
- Free registration at AVMA convention and reduced cost registration at SAVMA Symposium
- Eligibility for any/all SAVMA awards/ contests
- Eligibility for all three AVMA externship programs (GRD, Headquarters, and Student Externship Stipend)