Banfield Externship Program:
• Practice medicine one-on-one alongside an experienced veterinarian
as a “doctor-in-training” to develop your medical and surgical skills
• Learn the value of “normal” as you experience the typical caseload of a small-animal practice
• Gather a history, perform a complete physical examination and
develop a therapeutic plan for a minimum of four medical cases under the
watchful care of your licensed mentor
• Learn to increase client compliance so you can provide the best treatment for the Pets in your care
• See firsthand how Banfield’s unique business practices can help you run a successful hospital
Information not provided
We provide each student with an Externship Guide as well as access to our electronic records database, PetWare.
on time, act professionally, be proactive in their own learning and
development, and complete all tasks and procedures as directed.
student is assigned one particular mentor doctor but will also work
with the other doctors and paraprofessional staff. Students can expect
to work about 40 hours/week and their schedule will mirror that of their
mentor doctor's. Our hospitals are open 7 days/week.
Banfield Pet Hospital
8695 South Park Meadow Center Rd. Lone Tree, CO 80124