- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
!!NEW!! Prospective students may apply for our David White Fellowship Program, to begin in Summer or Autumn, 2012 All applicants will be considered for the award if they meet the minimum criteria required for the award.
Application instructions for most of our residency programs through Veterinary Clinical Sciences can be found at http://vet.osu.edu/education/veterinary-clinical-sciences-residency-program.
For students applying to our MS and PhD programs, please consider and complete the following:
1. Electronic applications are required of all applicants. Please visit this website to apply and to pay the $50.00 application fee: http://gradadmissions.osu.edu/
2. BS and/or DVM degree is required.
Send an official set of all Transcripts to:
Graduate & Professional Admissions Office
Ohio State University
PO Box 182004
Columbus, Ohio, 43218-2004
3. Send an additional set of official transcripts, letter of intent, CV, & 3 letters of reference to:
Dr. Paivi Rajala-Schultz, Graduate Studies Chair
Comparative and Veterinary Medicine Graduate Program
1900 Coffey Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210
4. The GRE is required for all applicants, and the TOEFL (minimum 213 computer-based, or 550 paper-based score) for international students from non-English speaking countries unless a degree has been earned from an English-speaking university (http://www.ets.org/). Please arrange to have your official test scores sent to the OSU Graduate Admissions office. OSU's code is 1592.
5. The college accepts applications all three semesters, and the deadlines for receipt of ALL application materials by the department are as follows:
Autumn: Domestic - July 1; International - May 15
Spring: Domestic - November 15; International - October 15
Summer: Domestic - May 1; International - March 15
University Fellowship Deadline for International Applicants is November 30
University Fellowship Deadline for Domestic Applicants is January 7.
6. A faculty advisor is required for admission to the program. Stipend support is provided by the faculty advisor's research funds. The university will cover the cost of tuition for students awarded Graduate Research Associateships. A list of the department faculty can be found at http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/210.htm. Based on faculty research interests, it is appropriate for applicants to contact faculty directly. Additional sources of funding are available on a competitive basis from intramural and extramural sources http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/212.htm
7. Check the status of your application and monitor receipt of application materials on line at:https://newman.uts.ohio-state.edu/admissions/appstat/Adm_Appstatus.cfm
8. For more information, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator via michele [dot] morscher [at] cvm [dot] osu [dot] edu (e-mail) or at (614) 292-9203.