This is a multispeciality referral and emergency hospital. Practices include surgery, internal medicine, radiology and ophthalmology. Rotation through all of the services is encouraged. However, if students would prefer spending all of their time with one service, it will be permitted.
Associate Veterinarians and special expertise available
- Rodney Ferguson DVM MS PhD DACVS
- James Vogt DVM DACVS
- Lawrence Anson DVM DACVS
- Daniel Hoffmann DVM
- Practice limited to surgery: John Crandell DVM DACVIM
- Stanton Boyce DVM
- Practice limited to medicine Vet-Rad Bennett Fagin DVM DACVR
- William Weber DVM DACVS DACVR
- Marianne Schafer DVM DACVR
- Todd Henrikson DVM DACVR
- Patricia Rose DVM DACVS DACVR
- Eye Care for Animals: Mark Bobofchak DVM DACVO
- Emergency: Wendy Kollar DVM
- Melissa Garr DVM
- Susan Curci DVM
- Carrie Griffith DVM
- Lisa VanNieuwal DVM
Current veterinary medical and surgical texts
- We will expect students to participate daily (Monday through Friday) in all of the clinical aspects of the practice.
- This will include observing the clinician during receiving, physical examination of patients by the student, case discussion with the clinician and participating in the care of hospitalized patients.
- There is no direct patient care responsibility.
- Morning rounds begin at 7:30 am and evening rounds are usually at 6 pm, sometimes later.
- Students need to be prepared to meet the public.
Five days per week. Direct contact/interaction will probably average 8 to 10 hours per day.
Akron Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center Eye Care for Animals
1321 Centerview Circle
Copley, Ohio 44321-0294
Email: info [at] akronvet [dot] com
Signature On File: Lawrence W. Anson, DVM DACVS