- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
The College of Veterinary Medicine recognized three alumni for leadership in their profession and two faculty members for outstanding teaching during Reunion-Homecoming Weekend celebration on October 5 and 6.
Ohio State faculty publish article on how veterinary schools fulfill the research mission of land-grant institutions
This year marked the 150th anniversary year of the passage of the Morrill Act of 1862. This seminal piece of legislation allowed for the establishment of land-grant institutions in the United States. As a means of reflecting on the impact that the land-grant system has made on veterinary medicine and how colleges of veterinary medicine have fulfilled the land-grant principles, specifically the research mission of land-grant institutions, Drs.
Clinical Trials office expansion; Building bridges with Battelle; Commercialization office material transfer agreements; Funding opportunities; Council for Research update; Summer Research Program; Recent publications and grants; Celebration of Research 2012; Things you should know; Training opportunities;
At this years combined annual conference of the American College of Theriogenologists (ACT) and the Society for Theriogenologists (SFT), a resident and two students from the College of Veterinary Medicine participated in the Dr. Jerry Rains Memorial Abstract Competition. From all abstracts submitted for the competition, the top eight scoring abstracts were selected for oral presentations during the meeting. Monetary prizes were awarded to the top four abstracts.
- Ohio State Health Science Deans Visited Partner Institutes in Ethiopia
- CVM led “One Health” Summer Institute in Eastern Africa
- CVM hosting three Brazilian Visiting Scholars under the Science without Borders (SWB) Program
- CVM Professional Students Completed Summer 2012 Global Service Learning Projects
- VPM inducted new adjunct faculty members of Global Consortium
- CVM Global Health Program Activities Highlighted in CVM Open House 2012
- WHO AGISAR and OSU-CVM partnership
- US State Department funding
- Funding and other Opportunities in Global Health
News at the College
Badly burned horse making progress at Ohio State's Veterinary Medical Center, faces long road to recovery
A 6-year-old American Paint Horse named Northstar was deliberately doused in an unknown accelerant and set on fire the weekend of Aug.