- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine was one of the first colleges in the country to offer a pet loss support line. This service offered counseling to those who were grieving the loss of a pet. This service is now duplicated at many other universities, as well as private agencies. As a result, the number of clients utilizing our service has decreased over the last several years. An increase in education about pet loss, as well as new available resources, has also led to a decreased need for this service.
Dr. Lonnie King, dean of The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, was recently awarded the 2012 AAVMC Senator John Melcher, DVM Leadership in Public Policy Award from the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC). The award will be presented March 10 at the AAVMC’s Annual Conference in Alexandria, Va.
- Michael Emerman, PhD receives the 2011 Distinguished Research Career Award
- Kathleen Boris-Lawrie is named Executive Director of The Ohio State University Life Sciences Graduate Network
- Drs. Boris-Lawrie and Lairmore elected Fellows of the American Academy of Microbiology
- New NIH trainng grant awarded in Cellular, Molecular, and Biochemical Sciences
- Patrick Green named Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies
- Congratulations Dr. Lairmore
- Selected publications and awards.
News at the College
"Into the Wild" Features Galbreath Equine Center
Recently Jack Hanna visited the Veterinary Medical Center's Galbreath Equine Center for a segment on his television show "Into the Wild." Hanna and crew were met by Dr.
The American Veterinary Dental Society reports that 80 percent of dogs and 70 percent of cats show signs of oral disease by age three. Disease is often indicated by bad breath, a change in eating or chewing habits, pawing at the face and mouth, and depression.
(Columbus, OH) - Dr. Liesa Rihl Stone, a veterinarian and passionate advocate for the veterinary profession, has accepted the position of Chief Advancement Officer for the College of Veterinary Medicine at Ohio State.