- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Dr. Linda Lord begins her new position as the associate dean for Student Affairs at The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine today, July 1, 2011. Dr. Lord succeeds Dr. Jean Sander who is leaving Ohio State for her newly accepted position as the Dean of the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences at Oklahoma State University.
- Ohio State leads the first International Congress on Pathogens at the Human-Animal Interface (ICOPHAI): Impact, Limitations and Needs
- Thank you- Global Health Seminar series speakers
- Welcome "One Health" Eastern Africa Scholars to Ohio State
- Collaborating with the Global Veterinary Public Health Network (SAPUVETNET)
- Ohio State students to embark on summer Global Service Learning projects Ohio State and UMN Farm-to-Table Study Program in Costa Rica
- MOU signed between Ohio State and UNICEN, Argentina
- Veterinary Preventive Medicine hosting Cochran Fellows from Armenia and Georgia
- BETHA Service learning Opportunity in Eastern Africa
- "One Health" Eastern Africa Scholars to arrive at Ohio State
- CVM partners with WHO in Global Food Infection Network (GFN)
- Global Food Systems: Experiential Learning in Action, the Uruguayan Example
- ILRI Biosciences eastern and central Africa (BecA) Hub Officially inaugurated
- "Opportunities in Global Vet Med and Public Health (VPM 693)" VPM693- updates
- Funding Opportunit
A new study led by Dr. Gwendolen Lorch, assistant professor of veterinary clinical sciences, revealed a vital factor that can lead to complications in patients with certain forms of lethal lung cancer. It was originally thought that the protein, known as a calcium-sensing receptor, did not exist in human lung tissue. However, Dr. Lorch’s research has revealed that the receptor is in fact found in normal and cancerous lung tissue. Dr.
Dr. Stefan Niewiesk & Dhohyung Kim Illustration Makes the June Cover of Blood; VBS Graduate Students Award Winners: Lyn Wancket & Beth Chaffee; 2011 Larry Lewellen Award Winners: Dr. Famke Aeffner & Janelle Henderson; Outreach and Engagement: Dr. Judith Radin Team Wins Robotic Championship; Selected Publications, Presentations, and Graduations; Staff Feature: Zhihui Cheng; Announcements; Wellness News: June is Great Outdoors Month
On Saturday, June 11, the College of Veterinary Medicine will welcome 139 new veterinarians into their chosen field at the annual Oath and Hooding ceremony, held at Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St., beginning at 8 p.m. Surrounded by friends and family, students will receive their scarlet and grey academic hood as a symbol of their degree.
- Successful CVM Summer Vet Student Program starts 8th season
- Feature: Small Animal Imaging Shared Resource
- CVM Council for Research Update - New Equine Grant Program
- Vet Student Summer Program Update
- Recent Grant Awards and Publications
- Upcoming Seminars and Workshops
- Grant Support Office Update
- Funding Opportunities
- Policy Updates - NIH Fiscal Policy for FY2011
- What You Need to Know - Training Requirements for Investigators/Office of Research Risks and Protecti
As students leave the university area at the end of the school year, they may need to leave their pets behind. The "Safe Summer" program offers college students the opportunity to give their pets a safe haven.
About the College of Veterinary Medicine at Ohio State