- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
|Zoetis (formally Pfizer) Research Award||Faculty||Council of Research|
|Norden Distinguished Teacher Award||Faculty||Nominated by students from all Classes, selected by the Honors and Awards Committee|
|Charles C. Capen Teaching Excellence Award For Graduate Education||Faculty||Honors and Awards Committee|
|Dean's Award for Creativity in Teaching||Faculty||Honors and Awards Committee|
|William L. Ingalls Award for Exceptional Service||Faculty, staff, and Others||Honors and Awards Committee|
Criteria for Faculty Awards
- Zoetis (formally Pfizer) Research Award: Nominees should be the principal investigator in research conducted over the past three years that shows promise of attaining national recognition; be a member of the College of Veterinary Medicine faculty, and be nominated by a faculty member. The nomination will consist of a nominating statement, curriculum vitae, and pertinent reprints or manuscripts.
- Norden Distinguished Teacher Award: This award is given to a faculty member who has demonstrated leadership and character, teaching ability as demonstrated by the caliber of instruction, and responsiveness to the needs of students. He/she must be a full-time member of the veterinary medical faculty.
- Charles C. Capen Teaching Excellence Award for Graduate Education: This award recognizes a faculty member of the College of Veterinary Medicine for excellence in graduate education. The award serves to honor faculty members who excel in their roles as advisors and mentors for Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy candidates, as participants in departmental graduate programs, or as resource persons for the graduate students of the College.
- Dean's Award for Creativity in Teaching: This award recognizes a faculty member for creativity in teaching. The goal of the award is to motivate risk taking in the implementation of innovative approaches to veterinary medical education. Innovations in the professional education program, in continuing education, and in faculty development are eligible for nomination. The award is not an annual award but is given on those occasions when such individuals are identified.
- William L. Ingalls Award for Exceptional Service: This award recognizes individuals who have provided exceptional service to the College of Veterinary Medicine at The Ohio State University. Recipients of the award shall have demonstrated continued dedication to the College and will have had a sustained impact on its programs. The award is not an annual award but will be given on those occasions when such individuals are identified. The award will be presented on an appropriate occasion as determined by the Dean of the College.