- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Dialogue with the Dean
March 12, 2013 - 12:00pm - 1:00pm
What are they?
Dialogues with the Dean are intended to provide an opportunity for faculty and staff to learn about and discuss financial basis of the College and current business model. The Dialogue Series will have two parts:
- Overview sessions that will be open to all faculty and staff in the College.
- Multiple facilitated discussions with small groups of invited faculty and staff.
What is the objective of these sessions?
The goals of these discussions are to deliver information regarding the financial basis of the college and the current business model, provide an opportunity for facilitated discussion to increase input and ideas around these topics with a focus on solutions and innovation, and provide a chance for small group communication directly with the Dean.
A 1-hour overview session will be used to critical background information, context and key data for the small group discussions as well as provide information to faculty and staff in College. The Dean and others will be holding additional sessions specifically for the students (the first session was Tuesday February 26). The overview sessions (podcast for those unable to attend) will be offered twice (the same material will be presented in each, it is only necessary to attend one):
- Tuesday March 12, noon-1, VMC Auditorium
- Wednesday March 13, 3-4pm, Wexner Auditorium
Small group sessions
Small group sessions will be offered via a series of 90 minute, small group (12-20 individuals), facilitated dialogues. To encourage open discussion as well as varied perspectives, participants in the small group discussions will be grouped based on representing different roles in the College (e.g. newer faculty, research / clinical focused faculty, VMC / non VMC staff, etc).
Sessions will start in mid-March and continue into at least June depending on the response and interest to the sessions. Invitations will be coming from the Dean’s office – please watch your email for more information. If you cannot make the date on the original invite, it may be possible to schedule you into a different session depending on availability.
Do I need to attend an overview session if I am going to a small group session?
- Yes, or view the podcast. The overview will have the majority of the data presentation while the small groups will be used for discussion.
If I cannot make the date on the invitation can I attend another session?
- We will definitely try but it also depends on the availability of other sessions with similar roles.
Why haven’t I received an invite yet?
- To allow coordination of schedules and the invite list, invitations will be sent out in order of the sessions. We are starting with the first couple and will move forward after that.