- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Annual Open House
Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at The Ohio State Veterinary Medical Center?
Our annual open house gives the public the opportunity to learn more about animal care and health, as well as the different roles veterinarians play in public health and biomedical research. This year’s open house will be held May 19th from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (rain or shine). and will include seminars and activities ranging from animal behavior to careers in veterinary medicine.
The seminars and activities are designed for all ages, including the popular children's activity center and information booths featuring student groups and community organizations. If you are interested in becoming a veterinarian, there will also be information sessions that will introduce you to veterinary medicine, as well as veterinarians and veterinary students who will be available to answer questions. Visit vet.osu.edu/annualopenhouse for more information.
Admission to this event is free and everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend!
Activities will include:
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the Veterinary Medical Center
- Meet exotic pets and farm animals
- Visit the children’s activity center
- Hear from veterinarians and vet students
- Watch agility and police dog demonstrations
- Learn about careers in veterinary medicine
Visit the official Open House page.