The mission of the VOS2
is to cultivate the discovery and dissemination of new knowledge in
comparative clinical and basic science orthopedics. This includes
development and maintenance of an orthopedic program containing
state-of-the-art equipment, facilities, and faculty to support
interdisciplinary efforts in translational research.
promote excellence in clinical service in orthopedics surgery,
medicine, pathology, and diagnostic imaging of the musculoskeletal
- To provide superior mentorship to students in professional, graduate, and post-graduate programs.
support the recruitment and retention of faculty members who are
world-renowned for their expertise in both clinical orthopedics and
- To promote the local, national and
international dissemination of new knowledge as publications and
presentations of clinical and basic science discovery related to the
health of the musculoskeletal system.
- Alicia L. Bertone, DVM, PhD
- Jonathan Dyce, MA, VetMB, MRCVS, DSAO
- Steven E. Weisbrode, VMD, PhD
- Matthew Allen, VetMB, PhD
- Bianca Hettlich, med vet, DACVS
- Tom Rosol, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Ramiro Toribio, DVM, PhD, DACVIM