- Hurcombe SD, Toribio RE, Slovis N, Kohn CW, Refsal K, Saville W, Mudge MC. Blood arginine vasopressin, adrenocorticotropin hormone, and cortisol concentrations at admission in septic and critically ill foals and their association with survival. J Vet Intern Med. 2008;22:639-647.
- Toribio RE, Kohn CW, Rourke KM, Levine AL, Rosol TJ. Effects of hypercalcemia on serum concentrations of magnesium, potassium, and phosphate and urinary excretion of electrolytes in horses. Am J Vet Res. 2007;68:543-554.
- Toribio RE, Kohn CW, Hardy J, Rosol TJ. Alterations in serum parathyroid hormone and electrolyte concentrations and urinary excretion of electrolytes in horses with induced endotoxemia. J Vet Intern Med. 2005;19:223-231.
- Toribio RE, Kohn CW, Capen CC, Rosol TJ. PTH secretion, PTH mRNA and calcium-sensing receptor mRNA expression in equine parathyroid cells, and effects of IL-1, IL-6, and TNF-α on equine parathyroid cell function. J Mol Endocrinol. 2003;31:609-620.
- Toribio RE, Kohn CW, Leone GW, Capen CC, Rosol TJ. Molecular cloning and expression of equine calcitonin, calcitonin gene-related peptide-I, and calcitonin gene-related peptide-II. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;199:119-128.
- Barsnick RJ, Hurcombe SD,
Smith PA, Slovis NM, Sprayberry KA, Saville WJ, Toribio RE. Insulin, glucagon
and leptin in critically ill foals. J Vet Intern Med 2010; Nov 23. [Epub ahead
- Hurcombe S, Toribio RE, Slovis N et al. Calcium regulating hormones and serum
calcium and magnesium concentrations in septic and critically ill foals and
their association with survival. J Vet Intern Med 2009; 36:197-201.