To request tissue from the Biospecimen Repository, please follow the
Tissue Request Guidelines. Requests for tissue from outside the College
of Veterinary Medicine must submit an outside tissue request form.
- In order to receive tissue samples from the Biospecimen Repository,
investigators must submit a request form and attach a brief description
or abstract of the project for which the tissue is requested.
- There is currently no charge for tissues requested by investigators
within the College of Veterinary Medicine, but please factor in a charge
of $10 per sample in future grant applications.
- After receiving the request, the Biospecimen Repository will
provide a list of available tissues with some or all of the following
- OSU Clinic Number
- Histopathological diagnosis
- Number of samples available
- The investigator requests specific tissues from this list and any
additional information about the samples such as clinical data or tumor
- The tissue bank will contact the investigator to arrange for transfer of tissues.
- Samples are for the sole use of the requesting PI and may not be
distributed to other investigators without written permission of the
- Distribution outside OSU requires a material transfer agreement.
- The Biospecimen Repository is not responsible for infectious diseases associated with tissue received from the bank.
- The Biospecimen Repository at The Ohio State University College of
Veterinary Medicine shall be acknowledged in any publications arising
from use of these samples
Internal (Ohio State University)
If you are located here on
campus please use use this form, save and then submit a request on the
CoRR system (blue button below). You will need to login with your osu
username (lastname.#). Upload this filled out form to your request.
Outside of Ohio State University
If you are requesting tissue and are located outside the Ohio State University please use this form.
Questions regarding tissue requests may be directed to:
Holly Borghese, DVM
1925 Coffey Road
Columbus, OH 43210
borghese [dot] 19 [at] osu [dot] edu