Goals and Benefits
- Establish a structured, centrally organized system of procurement and storage of biospecimens from dogs and cats to optimize quality and accessibility of biospecimens and facilitate collaboration between basic and clinical researchers
- Develop a database supporting the annotation, storage and dissemination of specimens
- Improve scientific studies involving animal tissue specimens and patient clinical outcomes
- Collection, annotation, storage and dissemination of high-quality biological material for cancer research.
- Specimens can be used by clinicians, molecular biologists, geneticists, and epidemiologists to conduct cancer research that will improve the lives of both animals and humans.
- Multiple researchers can access the specimens by completing an application form that will be reviewed by the Biospecimen Repository Oversight Committee.