- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
The confocal system is a Leica TCS SP2 AOBS Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope. The system is equipped with 4 lasers (Red HeNe 633nm, Green HeNe 543nm, Argon 458/476/488/496/514 nm, Argon UV) with 3 PMTs and is capable of collecting up to 3 colors simultaneously and up to 8 colors with each image. Common uses include quantitative confocal image analysis, 3D reconstruction, FRAP, and FRET. Scaning resolution is up to 4096 x 4096 pixels. Software includes 3D reconstruction with rendering, multi-color analysis, FRAP analysis, FRET analysis, animation, sterio imaging, single layer projection and quantitative analysis, time lapse collection, ratio quantification, and co-localization analysis of 2 or 3 colors.
Requirement for Access to the Confocal Microscope
- Complete a short course (~one hour) on the use and operation of the microscope
- Have Buck ID card access to Rm 101A Goss Laboratories
- Have a password for access to system
- Schedule time by appointment with Dr. Lawerence Mathes
Room 111 Goss Laboratories
1925 Coffey Rd.
|Client||Fee for Service|