Utilize the Availability options to set specific restrictions on when students may see this news item.
- Show Start Date
- Check the Show Start Date Beside Headline checkbox to enable allowing students to see the date the particular news item becomes visible.
- Use this option if you are creating multiple news items with very similar content i.e., announcing that a particular lecture has been posted. Having the date beside the headline allows students to see the progression of news items on the course homepage.
- News items are typically displayed in the order in which they are/were created, from newest to oldest.
- Start Date
- Allows you to selectively release news items based on a particular day/time of day.
- This can be beneficial if you want to pre-load the course with news for the entire quarter. Add the appropriate Start Date that the news item(s) will become visible to students throughout the term.
- Unless a start time other than the current date/time are entered, Carmen uses the current date/time in the Start Date field.
- End Date
- Allows you to selectively remove news items based on a particular day/time of day.
- Check the Remove News Item based on End Date checkbox to have Carmen remove the news item from student visibility on the date/time selected.
- Date and time options will only become available if the Remove News Item based on End Date checkbox is checked.