Utilize the Availability options to set specific restrictions on when students may see this forum.
- Always visible
- Hide this forum
- Use this to create multiple forums for the entire course then selectively release them to students at particular times.
- This can also be used to create multiple forums during course creation/design to determine in which order you want forums to appear in the published listing to students.
- Some forums may remain hidden from students for the the entire course.
- Forum is visible for a specific date range
- Use this to selectively release forums to students for specific assignments or for commentary on specific sections of the course.
- This can be beneficial if assigning grades to individual student messages.
- If using this option check the Display in Calendar option so that an entry is made on the student's individual course homepage that the forum is open or close to being closed for submissions.