- About the College
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Departments & Offices
Yasuko Rikihisa, PhD
Department of Veterinary Biosciences
The Ohio State University
1925 Coffey Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Ph: (614) 292-9677
Fx: (614) 292-6473
rikihisa [dot] 1 [at] osu [dot] edu
Professional Training and Experience
- PhD, MS, University of Tokyo
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Harvard Medical School
- Molecular and Cellular Mechanism of Invasion/Survival of Intracellular Bacteria.
- Type IV Secretion and Two-compontnt Regulatory System of Ehrlichia and Anaplasma.
- Whole Genome Sequencing and Microarray Analysis of Ehrlichia, Anaplasma, and Neorickettsia.
- Molecular and Antigenic Characterization of New Ehrlichia, anaplasma, and Neorickettsia spp., Aegyptianella and haemotropic mycoplasma.
- Animal models of Potomac horse fever, canine ehrlichiosis, human monocytic ehrilichiosis, human granulocytic ehrlichiosis. Development of Vaccines and Diagnostic Procedures: PCR, dot blot, Western blot, IFA, ELISA, culture isolation, cloning protective and diagnostic antigens.
- Molecular mechanisms of vector (tick, trematode) transmission
- Functional analysis of Ehrlichial Gene Products
- Ehrlichial Genome Sequence Project