- About the College
- Departments & Offices
- Veterinary Hospitals
Carrie Freed, MLAS, DVM
Clinical Veterinarian, University Laboratory Animal Resources
Assistant Professor - Clinical, Veterinary Preventive Medicine
Department of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
University Laboratory Animal Resources
The Ohio State University
111 Wiseman Hall
400 W 12 Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Ph: (614) 292-7319
Fx: (614) 292-9282
freed [dot] 36 [at] osu [dot] edu
Professional Training and Experience
- Residency: Laboratory Animal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Department of University Laboratory Animal Resources
- DVM, The Ohio State University
- MLAS, Laboratory Animal Science, Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- The interaction of lab animal housing conditions and the impact on the HPA axis and overall animal welfare.
- Providing hypothesis driven research to support common clinical treatments and environmental enrichment in the field of lab animal medicine.
- Applying the principles for humane experimental technique (Three R’s-Replacement, reduction, and refinement) via improved techniques and the use of imaging modalities.